Fill it for free assessment

UK Work Permit- Tier 2 (General) visa

Processing time- 3 to 4 months


  • you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
  • a certificate of sponsorship reference number
  • an ‘appropriate’ salary
  • the required level of English
  • You must also have £945 in savings - this is to prove you can support yourself. You must have had this in your bank account for 90 days before you apply, unless you’re exempt.
  • You don’t need to have £945 in savings if your sponsor is fully approved (‘A-rated) and they have stated on your certificate of sponsorship that you won’t claim benefits during your stay.

Getting sponsored

You need to be sponsored (ie have a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor) before you can apply to come to the UK to work.

The work you do in the UK must relate to the work of your sponsor organisation.

To Top